WHY CONVENTIONAL THERMOMETER’S ARE BEING REPLACED BY IT’S DIGITAL COUNTERPART ?
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GLASS THERMOMETER AND DIGITAL THERMOMETER :
1) GLASS THERMOMETER ALSO CALLED
CONVENTIONAL THERMOMETER IS MADE UP
OF GLASS AND USES MERCURY LIQUID
AS A FLUID MATERIAL TO MEASURE
THE TEMPERATURE RANGE.
1) DIGITAL THERMOMETER CONSISTS OF PLASTIC BODY
AND DOES NOT CONTAIN MERCURY.
WHY GLASS THERMOMETER IS NOT BEING USED?
PROBLEM WITH GLASS THERMOMETER:
Though glass thermometers containing mercury may be more accurate than other kinds of thermometers, health professionals have recommended against their use once they recognized mercury as a risk.
what’s the risk with mercury?
The Dangers of Mercury Thermometers. The small silvery ball in a mercury thermometer can be dangerous if the glass breaks and the mercury is not cleaned up properly. The mercury will evaporate and can contaminate the surrounding air and become toxic to humans and wildlife.
OTHER PROBLEM WITH GLASS THERMOMETER:
- GLASS THERMOMETER’S ARE LESS ACCURATE THAN THEIR DIGITAL COUNTERPARTS.
- GLASS THERMOMETER DUE TO IT’S GLASS BODY HAS A SHORT LIFE.
- GLASS THERMOMETER’S ARE ALSO LESS HANDY THAN DIGITAL ONE’S.